Key benefits for eczema, dermatitis or psoriasis prone skin
- Jojoba oil is a light easily absorbed oil that is similar in structure to the skins natural oil sebum. It restores balance to the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this it helps reduce redness and inflammation of skin.
- Rosehip oil is great for dry, itchy cracked skin. It is a deeply hydrating oil that is easily absorbed by the skin. So it helps soften dry cracked skin. It is packed full of essential fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that nourish the skin. It stimulates collagen synthesis which helps repair skin. The vitamin E in the oil protects against skin damage. Its high levels of alpha linoleic acid is especially good for inflamed skin and when combined with jojoba oil works wonders to reduce skin inflammation.
- Borage seed oil has the highest level of gamma linoleic acid of all oils. Gamma linoleic acid is very effective at soothing the skin. So this helps to reduce the inflammation, dryness and itchiness associated with skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. Gamma linoleic acid is a omega 6 oil that isn’t produced by the body. It regulates the immune response and lowers inflammation by helping to suppress autoimmune reactions. So supplementing with this oil is very beneficial to those with inflammatory skin conditions.
- German chamomile essential oil has a very calming effect on skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this it soothes itchy, dry and inflamed skin.
- Myrrh essential oil is one of the leading oils for skin repair. One of its main constituents curzerene has wound healing properties. So It is good for wounded, inflamed and dry, chapped skin.
- Frankincense essential oil is very good for repairing damaged skin. So it can help relieve redness, irritation and inflammation.
- Geranium essential oil aids skin cell regeneration which helps repair skin. It also helps to balance skin and is good for skin affected by hormonal imbalances.
- Lavender essential oil has antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this it can have a calming effect on inflamed and irritated skin.