Key benefits for skin affected by stretch marks and scars
- Rosehip seed oil is a light easily absorbed oil that is packed full of skin nourishing nutrients. High levels of trans retinoic acid cause increased collagen production to aid in skin cell repair and regeneration. Because of this skin is stronger and healthier. The vitamin C in this oil helps to brighten and even skin tone. Whilst the high essential fatty acids strengthen the protective barrier of skin and improve its elasticity. So skin is more supple and less likely to break and cause stretch marks.
- Carrot seed essential oil contains very high levels of beta carotene which helps to lighten skin. So this helps to fade any areas of discoloration caused by stretch marks or scars. Beta carotene is also converted into vitamin A in the body. So it helps in the regeneration and repair of skin. Another benefit is the antioxidant effect beta carotene has that protects skin from damage.
- Lavender essential oil is renown for its healing properties and assists in production of collagen and the formation of connective granulation tissue. Because of this it helps to strengthen the structure of skin.
- Geranium essential oil can has a tightening effect that helps skin feel smoother and firmer. It also stimulates the creation of new skin cells which helps repair skin.
- Frankincense essential oil improves the strength, tone and elasticity of skin. It is also a powerful healing oil that helps to repair skin. Another benefit is the skin lightening effect it has on discolored areas of skin caused by stretch marks or scars.
- Jojoba oil is nutrient rich and balancing. It is light and very easily absorbed by skin. So it helps to deliver all the key ingredients in the formula.